2 days in Barcelona. A local’s itinerary.
What to do with 2 days in Barcelona.
Things to do in Barcelona on your first day
We already uploaded the 1 day Travel Guide around Barcelona, specially if you are a hop on hop off bus tour lover. But now here you have the itinerary for 2 days, either by feet or by bus, this is all up to you. I will tell you the honest pros and cons from a local.
1) Visit Sagrada Familia
This is the icon of Barcelona, created by Gaudi since 1882 still on progress. A good tip from a local will be: Make sure it is a sunny day, to be able to see the rays of sunlight through the colored glasses in the inside. And of course guys, and listen to me, from a local in Barcelona, make sure to buy your ticket in advanced a couple of days before or even a week in advance as they are usually sold out. I told you! The visit last 1 or 2 hours and if you don’t feel like going inside, just stay outside and enjoy both views: The Passion side and the Navitity one.
Tip: If you really want to seize your day, wake up early for our Instagram Photo Shoot Experience 8am. We will visit the old city of Barcelona (Gothic & Born + Ciutadella Park + Arc de Triomf and by 10:30 am you’ll be at Sagrada Familia. You can buy tickets for that time and by midday you’ll have half Barcelona already seen 🙂
Another tip: If you really want to visit Park Güell (Gaudi Park) you also need to buy your ticket online in advance. You can choose the day and time.
If you want to know the best local places for lunch around this area, go ahead and download my Barcelona Travel Guide.
2) Stroll along Passeig the Gracia/ La Pedrera/ Casa Milá/ Casa Batlló
Now it’s time to walk down to Passeig de Gracia, the most expensive avenue in Barcelona, where there are 2 other Gaudi buildings. La Pedrera or Casa Milá by Antoni Gaudi as well. You can buy your ticket right at the entrance or I leave you the link here if you want to collaborate with our blog. You can buy it through the link, it’s exactly the same price. Or just watch the house from the outside, up to you!
If you want to see what does the inside of La Pedrera looks like, click here.
3) Go to Plaça Catalunya/ Ramblas/ Boquería/ Gothic
- Walk down Ramblas, the most famous pedestrian street in the city and visit Boqueria which is the most famous market in town.
- Do shopping in Portal del Angel street
- Get lost in the old city of Barcelona: Gothic/Born & Raval, the three old neighourhoods. Gothic & Born are also amazing to visit at night. So staying in this area for the rest of the day would be my recommendation. So many restaurants, shops, souvenir shops, places to take photos, too much to see!
4) Best places for sunset in Barcelona
If you still have energy and time, you can go at night to the Magic Fountain (if there are scheduled shows) or visit the Bunkers del Carmel view on top of the mountain or go to a rooftop in the old city.
Things to do in Barcelona on your second day
5) Visit the Ciutadella Park & Arc de Tromf
6) Go to Barceloneta
7) Go to Park Güell
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.